About Us

The Teenager's Book Club is a place to find a good book to read. You know how hard it is to find a good book. Well, all the books on the sight are books I've read and or reading. Some are good and others are not so good. My friends have also read most of the books. That's why I decided to start a book club. Because at my school we share books, well not literally share them,but one person will read a book and if it's good they will tell someone else to read it. That is basically the goal of this Book Club.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

White Fang


I really liked this book and it's one of my favs. I read it in fifth grade and it took me like a month. I really nedd to reread it now and refresh my memory. I like Jack London's story's probably because alot of them involve wolves or dogs two of my favorite subjects. I also think the movie White Fang is really good too. You should definitely read White Fang and other stories by Jack London.


Review/Description

This is the story of a wolf named White Fang, but it actually starts before he is born. The first part of the story tells about how animals survive in the harsh wilderness, where every animal is prey or predator; every victory for one means a defeat for another, and victory means to survive, and defeat means death.

Then, White Fang is captured by men. He endures more harshness, only now it makes even less sense, as not all of the cruelty of man is required by life-and-death decisions. At times, it appears to be cruelty for cruelty's sake.

Jack London knew and loved this harsh wilderness, and wrote of it eloquently and with style and clarity. He doesn't excuse or sugar-coat anything, but still manages to convey its hard but magnificent beauty. London also seemed to know dogs and wolves fairly well, as the animals, while definitely somewhat anthropomorphized, still retain realism. An excellent adventure novel.

No comments: