About Us

The Teenager's Book Club is a place to find a good book to read. You know how hard it is to find a good book. Well, all the books on the sight are books I've read and or reading. Some are good and others are not so good. My friends have also read most of the books. That's why I decided to start a book club. Because at my school we share books, well not literally share them,but one person will read a book and if it's good they will tell someone else to read it. That is basically the goal of this Book Club.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison

This book was ok, I mean it wasn't really action packed or anything. It is kind of like historic facts about the Indians and the white people. I really lean toward the Indian side, but I'm kind of bias since I'm Indian. This book was really touching though how the Indians took care of her like one of their own. I really didn't like how it didn't give much information on what happened to the narrator after her teen years. I mean in told what happened , but not in full detail.

Review/Description
Mary (Molly) Jemison lived a normal life on her farm in Pennsylvania where her family harvested corn. Her father didn't believe that Indians would ever come to their home as their neighbors said, but one day that is exactly what happened. Molly was having a normal day when a band of Indians came. Everyone in Molly's family was captured. Molly and her family had to walk for miles on end. Finally they stopped at a place where Molly was separated from her family and was being taken with the Indians to become one of them. It was hard for Molly to adapt to her surroundings and she missed her family greatly. The Indians gave Molly the name, Corn Tassel, because of her long yellow hair. Molly was depressed at first and tried to run away a multiple of times. After awhile though she began to love her new home.

No comments: