About Us

The Teenager's Book Club is a place to find a good book to read. You know how hard it is to find a good book. Well, all the books on the sight are books I've read and or reading. Some are good and others are not so good. My friends have also read most of the books. That's why I decided to start a book club. Because at my school we share books, well not literally share them,but one person will read a book and if it's good they will tell someone else to read it. That is basically the goal of this Book Club.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Deep in the Heart of Trouble


Deep in the Heart of Trouble was another wonderful book by Deanne Gist. I read A Bride Most Begrudging a little while ago and I loved it, and this one was no different. Apparently though it is actually the sequel to Courting Trouble, I didn't read the first but they are only tied together by characters I didn't really miss anything by not reading the first book.With charming characters and a lovely storyline I really enjoyed this book. The main character Essie reminds me of an Austen character with all her spunk and vitality. I loved her independence and individuality, as well as all her riding outfits and unique hats. The murder of Darius, Tony's brother made the story more intriguing. With romance and secrets, but also a happy ending this book is any girls fairytale.
Review/Description
Deeanne Gist has written a romance that will touch your heart. Her research into the early oil industry is impeccable. Essie and Tony's story has inspiration, a little mystery and a lot of romance. The characters struggle between being human and waiting on God's direction. This is the same struggle that most of us have when our human emotions get in the way of God's plans. Deep in the Heart of Trouble wraps up Essie's story very nicely. It has a little bit of everything, a well rounded story that will make you laugh, cry and cheer for Tony and Essie.


No comments: